I am always on the lookout for cool quotes that I can use when writing or teaching, especially when coaching my kids. I recently read, in Mind Capture News, this little collection of quotes from the Master of Personal Achievement, Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich.
My favorite quotes usually are related to having a positive mindset with a twist. Things never are what they seem and I like my quotes that way too. Why not?
For instance, how can great success be born of great sacrifice? One wonders but I believe Napoleon Hill when he says with every adversity there is the seed of opportunity.
That may be true but few often see the opportunity in losing their job. I lost my job once. It was the best thing that ever happened to me!
When you ask anyone closely linked to the success and personal development industry which book influenced them most you’ll often hear one book’s title come up over and over again. The book is Napoleon Hill’s 1937 ground-breaking release titled, Think and Grow Rich.
Here are Ten Thought-Provoking Quotes from this timeless classic that has sold over 75 million copies:
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.”
- “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.”
- “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.”
- “If you do not see great riches in your imagination, you will never see them in your bank balance.”
- “Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.”
- “The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.”
- “Action is the real measure of intelligence.”
- “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
- “A genius is simply one who has taken full possession of his own mind and directed it toward objectives of his own choosing, without permitting outside influences to discourage or mislead him.”
- “Do not wait: the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along.”
I am attending the Think and Grow Rich Summit 2013 this April 25-27 and am looking forward to celebrating Napoleon Hill’s legacy with like minded people from around the globe.
I would love to hear your favorite quotes from Napoleon Hill and other authors too!