I asked my friend, Tony Rubleski, if he considered me eccentric. He said “No, you are just one of those rare people who think with both sides of his brain!” I took that as a compliment but decided it would be fun to create a list!
Forty-Seven Things That Make Me Eccentric!
- I love to mind map everything!
- Anything Star Trek, especially the original series. I was once given a Starship Enterprise-NCC 1701D model, and showed it to an employee. I said “See what I got?” he thought I said “See what I got YOU!” and took it from me and proudly displayed it on his desk. I guess he was a Trekkie too! I never got it back!
- I have never seen the movie The Godfather.
- I love old sci-fi movies.
- I hate that they renamed the Sci-fi Channel, SyFy!
- I like to take notes and write lists, but I rarely refer back to them.
- I like to eat out at the same places and don’t like to try new things but when I do, they become my habitual place to eat out.
- I am an accomplished, self-taught drummer, but I don’t know my rudiments very well.
- I have books on my shelf I have never read, but I read at least 12 books last year!
- I am reading three books right now.
- I forget to follow up on important things like paying bills but am highly regimented and don’t forget trivial things like taking out the garbage.
- When am studying a new subject, like nutrition, everyone around me gets an education in that nutrition too!
- I intimidate some people when first meeting them and make a bad first impression, only to become friends with them after they get to know me.
- I say my favorite color is green though I rarely wear green. I think my favorite color is really blue but it was already taken by my oldest brother, David!
- I use the word “I” too much.
- I am an obsessive compulsive.
- My business associates say I am very analytical but my friends say I am scattered.
- I am the author of a cookbook but I don’t cook very often, and I never use recipes!
- When I tell a story I usually give too much background material, I’ll bet my friends are rolling their eyes right now!
- My friends don’t ask me how my weekend was because they don’t really have time for the answer.
- When I answer a question, I have to start at the beginning. Like “How was your weekend, Paul? Well first the earth cooled, and then the dinosaurs came!”
- When I was seven I told my best friend I was a spaceman from Mars. I wanted to believe I was too because piloting a flying saucer would be so cool!
- At the age of seven I created a design for a submarine in my head. It was made out of one of those large propane tank cylinders, you know, the kind that sit next to your trailer house?
- I say trailer house, so am I a redneck too?
- For that matter, I love Jeff Foxworthy’s “you might be a redneck jokes!” I am sure I am a red neck!
- I use references from movies and television shows that not everyone has seen (just not The Godfather) so they have no idea what I mean. Like “I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability!” from The Blue Collar Comedy Tour (Hey, I am a redneck!)
- I have a large calendar on my refrigerator so I can see it from the kitchen table, but there is nothing written on it, so why bother?
- I love buying information products and learning new things, but I often don’t implement what I learn until much later when I need to know that information.
- I will probably buy another info product this week!
- I am studying goal setting but I haven’t made the time to write down all of my goals like the program recommends… Am I too busy learning how to set goals?
- I am a goal setting and achieving dynamo! I am reaching many of the goals I have set (even without writing them down), I have lost over 25 pounds and will lost 15 more in the next 45 days!
- I bothered to write a list of things that make me eccentric, but I am not really that strange!
- I love to help people but am afraid of conflict.
- In fact, I loaned a friend of mine over $18 thousand dollars, over a period of 5 years, but never got a penny back, my wife was not happy.
- Speaking of my wife, I am in love with my wife, but we are divorced! Maybe we should talk about that, but I am afraid of conflict.
- I look at life through a “Feelings First” lens, but I sometimes seem distant and cold, see “afraid of conflict.”
- I procrastinate.
- When I take action, I feel best, but I procrastinate first.
- I am quick to give advice but rarely follow my own advice.
- I am planned to write 47 things that make me eccentric but I have more, so I guess I’ll just keep writing!
- While I’m at it, do you think that is eccentric?
- I edit a weekly letter for someone else, but I don’t write my own.
- At work I like to take on projects that are short in duration because I have a greater chance of completing them.
- Although, I like shorter projects, I am known as an implementer and I am often the first person called on to do special projects.
- I use my Outlook calendar to schedule longer term projects so I don’t get off track, but I often don’t look at the calendar!
- I say I’m a multi-tasker and can switch from one task to another. The truth is I am a single-tasker who can switch quickly. I would rather help someone immediately because I am likely to forget to follow up if I wait, because I am so focused on the task at hand; that is why they say I am a multi-tasker!
- There is little I am not willing to share with strangers about myself.
- I talk to strangers all the time, yet I am shy in networking situations, call it performance anxiety!
- I once sank my boat in the Detroit River at the Fourth of July fireworks. The night before, my girlfriend and I saw the movie Jaws and see jumped right in the water! I stayed with the boat!
- My first car was a 1968, Volkswagen bus. It burned to the ground in a fire I could have prevented!
- I like to wear sweater vests, I have one on right now!
- There you have it! Forty-Seven, UM, FIFTY-TWO reasons why I am eccentric! I’ll bet when my friends read this they will come up with fifty more! Do your friends think you’re eccentric too? I would love to hear from you!
Suggested reading from the 30 Day Blogging Challenge
How to Add an Avatar to Blog Comments and Forum Posts
You’ve seen the small photos or images that often appear next to a poster’s name in a blog or forum post. Here’s how you can easily add an avatar to your comments and posts. Set it up once, and your avatar can be viewed across the web.
How to Fix Photo Blur In Your Photos
All of us had the experience of shooting photos just to find out they look blurry or too soft. Learn how to eliminate this problem from your photos so they can be used in your marketing products.
If you are thinking of getting an astronomy telescope, I suggest a look at this short article could be very worthwhile..
Billie Gaura says
Awesome! Love it, Paul!